Smoking is Injurious to Health nearly 90% people on the planet know that and still large number of people do smoke and the irony is it’s well accepted in society . Smoking is addictive and thus when people start once it seems very difficult to them to quit smoking .
I thank you for reading this post because , you reading this post itself shows that you are really really concerned about your health . Let us look into some facts which you might have or might not have known .
The damage caused by smoking is influenced by:
1.Whether cigarette has a filter
3.The way how the tobacco has been prepared for it .
On average, each cigarette shortens a smoker’s life by around 11 minutes.
Research has shown that smoking reduces life expectancy by seven to eight years and it seems to be a known fact to many people. We all know death is inevitable but at the same time everyone cherishes to have good health throughout his life span .
Now let us look at why is it injurious ?
It basically starts process of hardening of arteries over a period of years , as cholesterol and fat deposits in arteries making them narrow , blocked or rigid . In this situation blood clots are likely to form in arteries leading to cardiovascular disease based on which arteries and blood vessels are involved.
Fatal Consequence : Blood clots in the heart and brain are the most common causes of sudden death .
- a blood clot in the arteries supplying the heart, which can lead to a heart attack also known as Coronary thrombosis
- The blood vessels to the brain can become blocked due to blood clot , which can lead to collapse, stroke and paralysis .This is also known as Cerebral thrombosis .
- In case of arteries of kidney it results in high blood pressure or kidney failure .
- The risks it causes for developing cancer is numerous some of them are :
- Lung cancer
- bladder cancer
- cancer of the oesophagus
- cancer of the kidneys
- cancer of the pancreas
- cervical cancer
- COPD : Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a collective term for a group of conditions that block airflow and make breathing more difficult such as : emphysema – breathlessness caused by damage to the air sacs (alveoli) and chronic bronchitis .Smoking is one of major causes and common cause for it .
How much impact it causes on health .
- Eye is one of the most important part of the body , and blood vessels in the eyes are sensitive and can be easily damaged causing a blood shot .
- Smoking can cause macular degeneration, resulting in the gradual loss of eyesight.
- Apart from eyesight it influences your arteries , lungs ,kidney ,heart etc .
- It affects production of thyroid in body and other important harmones .
Passive smoking :
Passive smoking puts you at even higher risks
How does quitting help ?
Lung damage from COPD is permanent, and quiting smoking at any stage reduces the rate of decline in lung capacity. When lung capacity declines breathlessness begins .